Kin Canada supports a number of national projects, however, the majority of funds raised and service projects done by Kin clubs assist a club’s local community.
Clubs independently determine what needs in their community they would like to assist with and often partner with municipalities and/or local non-profit organizations to meet those needs. The projects vary from clubs to club, but some examples include:
- Providing funds to hospitals and local organizations
- Supplying resources or services to local schools
- Assisting with the building of community housing
- Building play structures, splash pads and recreation facilities
- Organizing Christmas parades
- Holding toy and food drives
- Hosting community carnivals, festivals or events
During our 2017/18 Kin year, clubs raised over $19 million for their local communities and donated over 416,000 hours of their time.